You would think I have every kind of book possible but apparently not…
See this is why I shouldn’t be stopped from hoarding hundreds of books.
*looks down at her weeping wallet*
Okay fine, I get your point.
Anyway, a while ago I saw this super interesting tag trending on booktube and it was so much fun to watch my favourite booktubers scramble to find their books. And then my wonderful friend Sahi tagged me for the same tag but on her blog and I legit gasped. Sahi has some of the most fun and interesting tags on her blog and getting tagged for them is a bonus when you’re her friend so go check her blog out!
DO I HAVE THAT BOOK TAG
1. Time yourself trying to find each prompt on your shelf
2. Try and beat the time of the person who challenged you.
3. Don’t forget to tag your challenger and the original creator.
4. Have fun!
So I did time myself and it came around to be 8:07 but I have no idea if I beat Sahi’s time…
1. Do you have a book with deckled edges?
I don’t. I literally didn’t know this thing existed and had to go google it. Well let’s just say I’m not jealous of people who own books with deckled edges, you can keep them to yourselves.
2. Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover?
Yup, my copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone has Harry, Ron, Hermione and Hagrid on the cover which makes it four people 🙂
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
Unless historical fiction books count… nope.
God am I failing at this tag.
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
Yes! I have my cute little pocket edition of Animal Farm by George Orwell(not the one featured in this picture) which coincidentally happens to be the book I am currently reading. It starts off pretty well and I’m curious to see where the story will go.
5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
I didn’t actually like this book very much despite it being very popular and hyped but The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho definitely starts and ends with the same letter, being ‘T’.
6. Do you have a Mass Market Paperback?
I had no problem with this prompt cause I have load of mass market paperback. They’re just cheaper and easier to obtain here, I guess. So I chose Holes by Louis Sachar, it’s a wonderful book so go check it out if you haven’t yet!
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
I just recently read and absolutely fell in love with Autoboyography by Christina Lauren because it’s the fluffiest and cutest book ever! Christina Lauren is actually formed by the names of two women who co-wrote this book.
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
Again, I had tons of choices for this one but From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon was the first one my eyes landed on.
9. Do you have a book with two maps in it?
I didn’t even have to search for that one because I know there was no way I have a book with two maps. I am not a huge fan of maps in books? I mean if they’re there cool, if not then I don’t mind.
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
Not really. Books that were turned into movies, sure. TV shows, nah.
11. Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else?
I have a book with sprayed edges, Cracking the Code: My Journey To Bollywood by Ayushmann Khurana. Ayushmann is a rising Bollywood actor and this book is his autobiography, which was quite interesting to read, despite my initial hesitations about it.
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
This one is quite a difficult prompt and I’ve seen others answer with The Night Circus but I unfortunately do not have a copy of that so my answer would be no.
13. Do you have a poetry book?
Even though I’ve been reading quite a lot of poetry lately I don’t own them but fortunately I found one. My friend self-published her short poetry book called Wildflower so it’s not on Goodreads per say but I do have a poetry book for the record!
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
Ugh yes. I hate them with a burning passion because they look ugly and spoil the overall look of my gorgeous book. Take my copy of The Inexpliacable Logic of Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz for example. I think it has three freaking stamps on it, watch me scream.
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
I CAME SO CLOSE. I have The Selection by Kiera Cass, KC, which is the opposite of my intials, CK. GAHHH.
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
I do not. I really need to get onto collecting some anthologies.
17. Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages?
I luckily didn’t have to search much. I was randomly pulling out books form my shelf, judging them based on their thickness and fortunately on my second try itself I landed on The Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling. Yaay!
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
I have multiple books and I had to hold myself back and challenge myself to go one post without mentioning Simon so I chose The Maze Runner by James Dasher. I just have the first book in this Maze Runner series but there are 3 films based off this trilogy and god now I feel like going and rewatching them all.
19. Do you have a graphic novel.
I have Big Mushy Happy Lump by Sarah Andersen and I absolutely adore it, as well as all her other doodles that she posts on social media. I’m still struggling to get my hands on her other two books since my mum considers graphic novels kiddish and way beneath my level.
20. Do you have a book written by two or more authors?
I have my lovely and adorable copy of What If It’s U written by two of my favourite authors, Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera. I’m still salty about that ending though and forever will be.
Oof I did fail in many of this prompts but eh I had a lot of fun.
Camillea @Camillea Reads
Ashley @Falling Down The Book Hole
Kerry @Herding Cats
Mridula @Ecstatic Yet Chaotic
Jenn @The Comfy Chair
Hope you have an interesting time with this tag!