Is your TBR threatening to murder you in your sleep?
Are you scared of looking at your unread books in the eye?
I have a solution for you, join the #StartOnYourShelfathon like I am doing!
What is #StartOnYourShelfathon?
#StartOnYourShelfathon is a 2020 star-themed readathon hosted and run by CW from The Quiet Pond. The aim of #StartOnYourShelfathon is to read as many unread books on your bookshelf as you can between December 13th 2019 and December 31st 2020.
#StartOnYourShelfathon isn’t an ordinary readathon too! The mascot of #StartOnYourShelfathon is Castor the Star Collector who is also a sloth friend of The Quiet Pond, who has lost all the stars he has collected over the years and needs your help to find them again.
For every book that you read as part of #StartOnYourShelfathon, you collect a star that you can add the star to your ‘star map’. Read books, collect stars, give yourself an amateur star-collector name, and create constellations! You can read Castor’s story and find information about and resources for the readathon here.
Information about Joining #StartOnYourShelfathon
- Join the StartOnYourShelfathon anytime between Dec 13th 2019 to Dec 31st 2020!
- To join #StartOnYourShelfathon, create a blog post, bookstagram post, booktube video, Twitter thread, or whatever medium you wish, with ‘#StartOnYourShelfathon’ in the title or your tweet.
- In your post/video/thread, announce that you will be participating in the readathon. List your readathon goals and the books you plan to read! (Post templates and readathon banners can be found in the readathon resources below!)
- Link back to this post so that others can find this readathon and join in.
Share your updates on your blog/bookstagram/booktube and social media. You are more than welcome to tag @thequietpond on Twitter in all your updates! We would love to see your progress and your star maps – in-progress and completed!
My #StartOnYourShelfathon Goals
- My #StartOnYourShelfathon goal is to read every single book that I have on my bookshelf. This is including the books that I have had on my bookshelf up till the 13th of December.
- My #StartOnYourShelfathon goal is to read three classics that I have on my bookshelf.
- My #StartOnYourShelfathon goal is to read all 2020 releases that I get on my physical TBR in addition to the list of books I’ve made down below
I’ll be filling out this star map for the readathon 🙂
My #StartOnYourShelfathon TBR
Books on my physical TBR:
- The Book Thief
- How To Stop Time
- Of Curses and Kisses
- Safe House
- Wayward Son
- Spin the Dawn
- The Book of Chocolate Saints
- The Quiet At The End of The World
- On the Come Up
- The Casual Vacancy
- The House of Silk
- Empire of Sand
- Latitudes of Longing
- The Night Stalker
- Red Turban White Horse
- Defending Jacob
- Robinson Crusoe
- I Am The Messenger
- All the Lives We Never Lived
- Half the Night Is Gone
- Jane Eyre
- Wuthering Heights
- Tales of Mystery and Imagination
- A Matter of Honour
- The Tenant if Wildfell Hall
- The Night Stalker
- Pride and Prejudice
- Jurassic Park
- Keepers of the Kalachakra
- Hold Back the Stars
- Grace and Fury
- The Snow Child
- Violets Are Blue
Books on my e-book TBR:
- Harley In The Sky
- Esme’s Gift
- The Girls Weekend
- After She Wrote Him
Plus all 2020 releases I buy physical copies of.
So you can probably see that I have a super ambitious TBR to tackle here but go big or go home, right?
If you want to join #StartOnYourShelfathon, you can read more information in the readathon information post at The Quiet Pond.
How do you try to tackle your unending TBR?
Are you taking part in #StartOnYourShelfathon too? If yes tell me what your goals are! If not, why so?
Do you think I’ll be able to finish all these books on my TBR or is it too ambitious?