THOUGHTS YOU HAVE WHEN A BOOK HAS TOO MUCH DESCRIPTION
We’ve all read books where the author goes on to describe a setting for ten pages to the point where your eyes are burning and you’re already snoring. It’s such a common struggle and this time’s OTT post is the perfect way to rant about it!
NOTE: Please scroll down towards the end of the post for an important announcement regarding the Off Tangent Thoughts meme
THOUGHTS I HAVE WHEN A BOOK HAS TOO MUCH DESCRIPTION
- Oh great, here we go again
- May the book gods have mercy on me and give me the undying strength to go through all this detailed description
- Does the author even realise how counterproductive this is? I’m literally skipping every line of her body’s description
- skip, skip, skippity, skip
- *groans in frustration*
- I honestly couldn’t care less about what I’m wearing right now, let along this side character’s entire wardrobe!!!
- OKAY, I GET THAT THIS PLACE IS PICTURESQUE, NOW STOP.
- Lord almighty, do we even have any plot here or is it just chapter upon chapter of description?
- *after skipping a 100 pages of description* wait what is this book about?
- *falls asleep on the book*
- *wakes up only to bang her head against the wall*
- I’m ready to throw this book into a shredder if this idiot describes the freaking curves of her body one more time
- Do they really have to use such fancy language to describe the world setting? Because it’s all going over my head, ugh
- STOP DESCRIBING UGH
- OH LOOK, FINALLY SOMETHING THAT IS A PIECE OF INTERESTING CONVERSATION AND NOT A BORING LONG-ASS DESCRIPTION
- *flings book across the room*
- Nope, I’m done here.
Posting for this prompt is now open and will remain open till midnight of Friday, September 21
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: As some of you may know I’ve recently joined university and first semester is coming down pretty hard, leaving me with absolutely no time for blogging and reading, let alone managing a bi-weekly meme. But at the same time I’m super proud of my baby Off Tangent Thoughts and don’t want to let it die.
The solution I’ve come up with is that I’ll still be posting OTT prompts on the Off Tangent Thoughts page as per schedule and you guys should feel free to post under those topics. However I myself won’t be writing posts for those topics regularly. I might attempt the prompts once in a while with you guys but I won’t be as consistent as I’ve been, not by any means.
I hope this doesn’t discourage you from posting under this meme and I really hope that you still have a blast with the prompts 🙂
So what do you think? Will you be participating in this prompt?
Do you find it as tiring to go through long-ass descriptions or do you power through?
Which was the last book you read with such lengthy descriptions that put you to sleep? Hopefully I can avoid that…
Happy blogging, I’ll see you all another day!