Guess what’s starting the minute this post goes live? Indian Lit Readathon! I talked about this readathon in a post here so I won’t bore you to death but it’s basically a 48hr readathon where we read books by Indian authors, and I’m a co-host! So yeah I’m super pumped up to go into reading mode this weekend and our current OTT prompt is in the spirit of Indian Lit Readathon 🙂
THOUGHTS YOU HAVE DURING READATHONS OR READALONGS
~in the spirit of Indian Lit Readathon~
I personally love taking part in readathons whether they are month long, week long, weekend long or 24hrs. I get this thrill from challenging myself and taking part in as many readathons at a time as possible and I even have a thread on twitter to help me keep track of them. So I’m going to be talking about my overall experience of readathons through my thoughts for this post.
THOUGHTS I HAVE DURING READATHONS
- Oh my god a new readathon!!!
- Okay wait this is the fun part – trying to choose a TBR
- I CHOOSE YOU, YOU, YOU AND YOU!
- I CHOOSE ALL OF YOU
- And then I keep some of you back because I can’t read you all…
- I mean this book counts for this prompt right?
- *goes on google and goodreads*
- *emerges 862360 years later*
- *does her best to squish in one book for most of the prompts*
- *ends up adding more books on her TBR*
- Wait, are any of my friends joining? I should make my friends join
- Hi, I shall scream at you until you agree to take part in this readathon with me
- Ooooh, we can buddy-read this book!
- *bounces impatiently until the readathon starts*
- *sleeps through half of the readathon*
- Ohkay so do I read or talk to my fellow readathoners?
- TALKING IT IS
- One book down!
- MUST READ, WEEK IS FOR THE SLEEP
- I’m weak, sleep is for me
- Why must this genre make me want to sleep?
- *juggles between all books and ends up finishing none*
- I’m so tired
- Why do I want to other books this week of all weeks?!
- Must update my progress
- Aww it’s coming to an end! I wish it would last forever
- Or maybe not. I want to read my other books too
- I hate writing wrap-ups ughhhh
- AND NOW ONTO THE NEXT READATHON!
Posting is now closed for this prompt but you can go check out the ongoing Off Tangent Thoughts prompt here 🙂