Hello everyone! Welcome to the first freebie edition of Off Tangent Thoughts 🙂
As you all know, OTT prompts go live every 1st and 3rd Saturdays but there are some special months which have 5 Saturdays. So every 5th Saturday will be a freebie day when you can invent your own Off Tangent Thoughts topic and write your thoughts on absolutely anything. You can also catch up on any of the previous OTT prompts that you may have missed. Posting for all 5th Saturday OTT prompts will only be up for a week until the 1st Saturday rolls up so you better get started!
Today I chose to talk about Street Teams since I was recently selected to be a part of the Harley In The Sky street team, which by the way is a super fun group to be a part of 🙂
This is the first time I applied for any street team and I feel so very lucky that I got in. Most of my thoughts are based off my experience of the Harley In The Sky street team so here we go!
THOUGHTS I HAVE WHEN I JOIN A STREET TEAM
A street team is a group of volunteers who band together to promote an author and his or her book. Members of a street team are motivated by their love of an author’s work to promote it to as many people as possible. They aren’t paid but they are usually the first to get information about the book like cover release, fan art and advanced reading copies of the book.
- Okay so you can fill out this form Charvi but remember, you have zero expectations
- *sighs* but could you imagine getting selected?
- *chants* NO EXPECTATIONS, NO DISAPPOINTMENTS
- *impatiently waits for the results*
- God I didn’t sweat this much during my finals results!
- *stalks the author everywhere*
- *is randomly checking her mail*
- OMG WHAT I GOT IN?!?!
- *shrieks for an eternity*
- *jumps up and down*
- *fangirls all over the internet*
- *gasps* My friends got in too?
- Omg this is going to be a wild ride
- *keeps refreshing the facebook group page every second*
- I STILL CAN’T BELIEVE THIS
- Gahhhh look at those aesthetic boards!
- I shall die waiting for this ARC
- OH MY GOD THIS COVER IS SO STUNNING!!!
- Am I in heaven?
- *realises that she can’t share it with every single person in her life*
- *realises that it will be the same case with the ARCs*
- *continues sobbing*
- *randomly wonders about the ARC at odd times of the day*
- I still can’t believe my luck, I mean honestly
- *lights up whenever she sees the book mentioned anywhere*
- I SHALL PROMOTE THIS BOOK WITH EVERY BREATH IN MY LUNGS!
So those were the train of thoughts that have occurred to me ever since I signed up to be a part of Harley In The Sky street team.
Posting is now closed for this prompt but you can go check out the ongoing Off Tangent Thoughts prompt here 🙂