Another Saturday brings yet another Off Tangent Thoughts post!
Let’s just quickly get on to the prompt 🙂
THOUGHTS YOU HAVE WHEN SOMEONE READS A BOOK YOU KNOW
I love lending out books to a few of my trusted friends and then tracking the living hell out of their progress. Especially when it’s a book I love at which point I would happily stand over their shoulder and watch their reactions- most satisfying thing ever. But there are other times when one of your online friends doesn’t really love that book that you would sell your soul for or there’s this book you hate but your friends love. Whoops? Today I’m gonna write about what I think when someone reads a book I love.
THOUGHTS I HAVE WHEN SOMEONE READS A BOOK I LOVE
- Okay so I’m gonna entrust this person with a piece of my soul, should I really be doing this?
- IT’S GONNA BE WORTH IT IF THEY LOVE IT
- Ahh it’s gonna be so good to have someone to fangirl with over it instead of talking to a wall
- Hey, did you start reading it yet?
- What do you mean it’s just been 5 minutes since I gave it to you??
- UGH THIS IS GONNA TAKE AGES
- *wonders what parts they are on at random points of the day*
- *texts WHERE ARE YOU??*
- No, I mean in the book, duh
- So how are you liking it so far?
- *tries not to scream when they say okay*
- I’M NOT GIVING YOU ANY SPOILERS
- You’re my best friend but if you dare to even look at that last page I’m going to slaughter you
- STOP SPOILING YOURSELF OH MY GOD
- *wakes up at 3am*
- Wait what if they don’t like this book?
- *panic takes over*
- Oh my god will I be able to be friends with them?
- Will I even be able to look them in the eyes?
- OH GOD THIS WAS A BAD IDEA
- I can’t choose between my beloved book and my beloved friend!
- *casually asks where they are so far*
- OOOH I LOVE THAT PART!!!
- Right?! Those too are so cute together, I ship them from ETERNITY
- No pressure but if you don’t read this any faster you’ll have my death on your hands…
- Ahhh I can’t talk about that because I don’t remember if they have read till this part yet…
- Why is my memory so bad??
- Okay I’m also just you know, checking in to do a physical of my book… is the spine cracked, pages folded or torn? If you say yes to any of that I need to fetch my sword
- SEND ME A PICTURE OF MY BOOK, I MISS MY BABY!
- *stares at the empty spot of the book in her bookshelf*
- Omg you’re at the very end??
- *creepily watches them reading*
- *records their reactions*
- *screams in anxiety and anticipation*
- *stands over their shoulder to read a long*
- LAST 10 PAGES!!!
- AND YOU’RE FINALLY DONE!!!
- I knew you would love it! I mean I recommended it, what else did you expect?
- *fangirls for hours and hours*
- WAIT A SEC-
- What do you mean you love this book more than I do? YOU TAKE THAT BACK OR I SHALL FORFEIT OUR FRIENDSHIP
Okay it almost never ends like that but mostly my friends love all my recommendations cause I’m fabulous 😉 What have your experiences been when somebody is reading a book you know about?
Posting for this prompt is now closed, I had such a fun time reading all of your posts. Thank you for participating!