Can you believe Off Tangent Thoughts has been running since two weeks now?
I still feels so surreal to me, especially the fact that all of you have greeted it with so much of love and enthusiasm. I had a great time reading and laughing at all your different posts and I’ve been eagerly awaiting the day I could put up my second prompt post. And today is the day! Super pumped up for this one 🙂
THOUGHTS YOU HAVE ABOUT BOOK REVIEWS OR DISCUSSIONS
Under this prompt you can talk about either book reviews or discussion posts or even combine both. You can talk about reading them or writing them or just discuss your thoughts on them in general.
I decided to go ahead and talk about the thoughts I have when I sit down to write a book review.
Thoughts I Have While Writing Book Reviews
- My mind is utterly blank
- Seriously, what are words?
- Okay let’s just start with the book title and author, that’s easy enough
- *panics and forgets the author’s name*
- Now for the summary or synopsis… should I copy it off Goodreads or write my own?
- I mean ehh it’s too much hard work. I’ll just copy paste the Goodreads one. Like always.
- I CAN’T REMEMBER A SINGLE THING ABOUT THIS BOOK?
- I mean it’s not my fault, I read this one ages ago! Right?
- *checks Goodreads to find she read it just two days ago*
- Can’t I just write ‘This book was GOOD’ and fill the rest of the post with GIFs?
- My thoughts are a mess, ughhhh
- *bangs head against the wall*
- *writes two sentences and gets distracted by twitter*
- *returns twelve hours later to stare at the screen for an eternity*
- Okay I’ll try taking this bit by bit…why don’t I first start off with the writing style
- The writing style was…engaging, great pace, gripping, hooking – why doesn’t anyone invent new adjectives???
- It isn’t possible for me to somehow transfer all my undying love for this book into words on a screen!
- Isn’t writing ‘I shall sell every piece of my soul to read a single sentence of this book’ enough?
- Fine, I’ll take a snack break
- *emerges three days later*
- Okay, okay, okay. Let’s not freak out and just talk about the amazing characters!
- Wait last names? Pshhhh. I don’t even remember the names of the side characters, haha!
- Hello 911? Yes I have an emergency, I’m flat out of adjectives and my blank screen is threatening to swallow me whole
- Wait what was my train of thought again?
- Was the plotline engaging enough?
- I do love the book but why do I love it?
- oh my god do I really love the book?
- *adds a million GIFs to convey her emotions*
- NO DON’T DELETE MY DRAFT-
- Oh well, I guess I’m not writing a review after all 🙂
- YAS, RESTORED!
- Okay I’m just going to hit publish and hope this shit is good
- And I’m finally done-
- Shit. I forgot add all the Goodreads links
- *gives up on life*
At least that’s how it goes for me! Reviews are the bane of my existence, especially when I love the book too much. I’m so excited to see what your thoughts are on this topic! Link your posts back to this one and I’ll check them all out. Posting is open until midnight 24 May which gives you three weeks to pen down your lovely thoughts 🙂