The first prompt of Off Tangent Thoughts was greeted with lots of zeal and enthusiasm from all you lovely people who participated, and I have got all your posts liked down below at the end of this post 🙂
TODAY’S OTT PROMPT
Thoughts You Have While Organising Your Bookshelf
All bookdragons have a bookshelf no matter what size or shape or condition. Mine is carved out of the top two shelves of my study table and when that started overflowing I convinced my mom to give me another two shelves from the crafts cabinet in my room…
So yeah my bookshelves are pretty much divided and an absolute mess right now or else I would have definitely put up some pictures. But as I got around to organising them here are some thoughts that popped into my head.
- Oh my god this is a mess. Why do I do this to myself everytime?
- The garbage dump would look clean in comparison to this
- Can you believe one bookshoot = this?
- Alright, step one: gather all the books, step two: get buried under their weight for the rest of your life
- Honestly why do I even go to the gym, carrying books is all the weightlifting I’ll ever need in my life
- *is carrying a huge stack of books*
- *chants* please don’t fall, please don’t fall, please don’t fall
- Spolier alert: they did fall- on my foot
- Wait, should I change my organisation system this time? How about trying an alphabetical arrangement?
- Nope, nope, nope. I love my rainbow coloured bookshelves too much
- *discretely puts books with multi-coloured spines in a separate shelf*
- STOP TOPPLING OVER
- OH MY GOD I FOUND MY MALEC BOOKMARK! (I have the worst habit of leaving bookmarks among book pages)
- *sobs*I missed you so much!
- *sighs* re-arranging merch is such a chore
- *untangles the bookish pendants*
- One Eternity Later:
- Oh god why is there an empty space? Which book did I manage to lose now?
- *finds the book in a corner of the house where she has never been too*
- *stretches muscles*
- *sips on energy drink*
- I CAN DO THIS!
- *tries pushing that book into the small space she knows it’s never going to fit in*
- JUST *pants* GO *wheezes* IN *huffs*
- *pages crinkle up*
- Fine. I give up. You win, almighty book
- *wishes for the hundredth time that all book spines were single coloured*
- WAIT WHERE DID I KEEP THAT BOOK?
- *major panic session*
- *realises she lent out that book*
- *slaps her head against the desk*
- why am I like this??
- *wishes for more shelf space*
- WHY DO THEY MAKE BOOKS IN SQUARE SHAPE?
- What am I supposed to do with you??? You don’t fit anywhere!
- *ends up piling it in that one shelf that’s the least pretty, like always*
- *merch taped on the sides of the shelf falls down*
- *sighs* every single time
- And done!
- Not bad, it took me only 5 hours 🙂
- So like an hour less than the last time
- *swoons over her bookshelves*
- *clicks pictures*
- I wonder how long it’s going to last like this
- Narrator: she knew in her heart that chaos would reign in less than a day
I wonder if that was over the top crazy or normal bookdragon crazy…
Posting is now over for this prompt and here are all the posts that everyone wrote for it 🙂
- Ruthsic @YA on my Mind
- Kate @Reading Through Infinity
- Nandini @Unputdownable Books
- Cam @Camillea Reads
- Zia @Accio Blog
- Jayati @It’s Just A Coffee Addicted Bibliophile
- Sahi @My World of Books