If you aren’t dying under the list of bookish challenges you’ve taken up for this year then here’s one you really need to get going with.
Year of the Asian Reading Challenge 2019 or YARC for short is a year long reading challenge where readers aim to read as many books as possible by Asian writers. All books started and finished within 2019 count and you can join at any time of the year!
There are many other fun twists and challenges within YARC monthly prompts and recommendations, twitter chats, and monthly link-ups and giveaways too! There are several levels to this challenge and I am going for the Giant Panda Level where I’ll try to read 31-40 books by Asian authors.
I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!
Only recently have books by Asian authors gaining some importance and acknowledgement in the community and being Asian myself I couldn’t be happier to see it. I’m already very hyped up for the numerous Asian books being released this year so yeah I have a huge selection of books to read. I’m not making a TBR because god knows I’m never able to keep up with them thanks to me being a mood reader. But here are a few books by Asian authors that I desperately want to read this year.
- Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
- Internment by Samira Ahmed
- Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- A Match Made in Mehendi by Nandini Bajpai
- Keepers of the Kalachakra by Ashwin Sanghi
- Latitudes of Longing by Shubhangi Swarup
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali by Sabina Khan
- Jasmine Days by Benyamin
- American Panda by Gloria Chao
- Fierce Fairytales by Nikita Gill
- Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi
So what are you waiting for? Go sign-up right now!